A commitment of at least 90 days is expected as a condition of residency in this program.
- Rent ($275.00 per month) is to be paid on the first day of each month unless a written exception has been made between the resident and the program manager.
- Three hours of program service every other week is to be provided by the resident, as assigned by the program manager.
- At least five A.A./ N.A. meetings are to be attended per week, an A.A./N.A. sponsor will be obtained within 2 weeks of entering the program. Completion of recommendations by treatment provider is also a requirement of residency.
- Random drug screens must be provided at staff request.
- Apartments must be kept neat and clean at all times, beds must be made when not being used and kitchen must be cleaned as soon as it is used. Apartments are subject to random, unannounced inspections by the staff.
- Each resident will contribute equally toward food for his apartment each month.
- All audio equipment in bedrooms will be turned off between 11:30 P.M. and 6:00 A.M. on weekdays and between 1:30 A.M. and 8:00 A.M. Saturday and Sunday mornings. No sleeping on couch is permitted.
- As a fire safety measure, no auxiliary heat sources are allowed without written permission of program manager. No incense or source open flames of any kind are allowed in apartments. No smoking is allowed inside any of our building. Designated smoking areas are available.
- Attendance at scheduled community meetings and at least one in-house A.A./N.A. meeting per week is mandatory.
- Full time employment (20 HRS PER WEEK MINIMUM – 40 HRS PER WEEK MAXIMUM for first 90 days) will be obtained within 30 days of entry into GATEWAY HOUSE. Exceptions must be in writing from Program manager.
- Use of alcohol or drugs, on or off the premises, or allowing other residents or guests to use alcohol or drugs on the premises is cause for immediate discharge from the program.
- Use of prescription drugs on or off the premises, or allowing other residents or guests to use these chemicals on the premises is grounds for immediate discharge. Exceptions will require a medical doctor’s prescription and the program manager’s written approval.
- Fighting or threatening other residents, staff or guests or use of abusive language to any of these persons is cause for immediate discharge.
- Permitting any non residents / non staff into apartments is cause for immediate discharge. Residents will meet with each other in common areas only (community room or apartment living rooms).
- Allowing or having firearms, knives (other than approved kitchen utensils ) or other weapons on program premises is cause for immediate discharge.
- Theft of any item is cause for immediate discharge.
- Failure to comply with curfew as follows ( Sunday thru Thursday 11:30 P.M. ; Friday & Saturday 1:30 A.M. ), is cause for disciplinary action including immediate discharge. Random, unannounced room checks will be made to assure compliance with curfew.
In the event that a resident is asked to leave due to rules violation, or leaves within a fee period, no refunds will be made. In the event that a resident vacates the premises voluntarily, or at staff request, all personal belongings must be removed within 24 hours, or they will be disposed of accordingly. If a resident is asked to leave as a consequence of a rules violation, and refuses to do so, a criminal trespassing warrant will be signed and issued.